Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Gift for the '100 Viewer Milestone: Top 10 Underrated List

I would really like to thank everybody for helping me to reach the 100 viewer milestone so quickly, I really didn't expect to get the reception I did get.  To anyone who is looking at this the first time, I hope you enjoy and please come back and bring some friends.  For anyone who is a repeat offender, I appreciate your help and support, and I will try to keep the posts coming for you.  So finally, to show my appreciation, I have an old piece of mine that I wrote for a friend some time ago, my top 10 underrated things.


Underrated list...
#10 Board games
Don't Hate on board games man, they are such an easy target.  Why are they called "bored" games?  Yeah, I've heard that joke millions of times, but really that's what makes them so underrated awesome.  They are something to do, they are entertaining, and you can have a hell of a lot of fun if you know how to play them.  Get the right crew around you, you can create a whole lot more underrated things, to be spoken about later.  Board games that are more than amazing when you know how to do it, Guess Who?, Battleship, and Scrabble.

Does he look like a pedophile? Yes. *No tiles go down*
#9 Pelvic thrusts
Hell yeah, who doesn't love to pelvic thrust?  It doesn't matter what song is playing, what type of music it is, or hell if there is even any music playing, dancing that consists merely of pelvic thrusts is both fun and hilarious.  It's a natural dance, just do what comes to ya, its always cool.  Also, pelvic thrusts are high comedy in many situations (although there are a lot of situations where it will fail miserably.)  Gets ranked down quite a bit because it isn't always publicly acceptable.

#8 Randomly yelling
Better than pelvic thrusts, it gets the blood pumping, it gets you excited, and most of all there is almost no negatives to it.  Of course it is one of those things that are really annoying if you get into a habit of it, so it wears itself off when people start telling you to stop.  But in the meantime it is a definite underrated thing to do when you feel a little bored and there's not a lot of excitement in the life.

#7 Big Daddy
If Adam Sandler could possibly have made an underrated movie in the 90's it definitely would have been Big Daddy.  Oh wait, an imdb search shows that Big Daddy was released in 1999!  It's amazing that how good Adam Sandler was at that time, that you could possibly start to forget any one of them.  But that is the reason why Big Daddy has been able to be underrated, because Happy Gilmore, Billy Madison and the Waterboy are all better, but not a whole lot better.  For as long as I live I will laugh hysterically at this movie because of all the parts I forgot are there.  Oh, and yes, Yoohoo is better with a little Rumplestiltskin!
Initiating Conversation Is really half the battle.

#6 Inside jokes
I mentioned this vaguely in the part about board games, but inside jokes are by far the best jokes there are.  The best and worst part of inside jokes is that you need to watch the company you say it in if you don't want to waste your time.  But of course, since everybody has inside jokes they have found a way to sneak under our consciousness for just how great they are.  Appreciate how inside jokes effect your life, because things would be a lot less secretly funny if they weren't around.

#5 Meatloaf
It's great!  It is meat in the form of a loaf!  No other food is as awesome as the concepts that it was born of, but meatloaf is as awesome as it sounds plus some.  It also has the same forgettable-ness I used to describe Big Daddy, which is really one of the things I love most in this world.  So please continue to hate on meatloaf, because your hate for meatloaf will make your love for meatloaf so much greater when it gets in your mouth.

#4 Being Shirtless
Everybody loves this, if you don't you just don't know that you love it yet.  It brings out the primal awesomeness in everything.  I have reason to believe its why people love the beach, summer and the shower.  It helps me enjoy mornings on the weekend.  It really is self-explanatory.
This guy knows what I'm talkin' about!

#3 Underrated things
I feel like I am the only person on earth who truly appreciates the underrated.  I simply love it when people overlook the greatness of certain things and I'm always there to think to myself, they really need to look deeper at it.  So that's the whole reason I made this list, to point out the things that I love and many people love, but they don't take the time to notice they love it.

#2 High-fives from girls
The only list item that makes it because it is awkward.  You always go in for the high-five all slowly and barely ever follow through, its a completely different story than high-fiving with guys.  It is more like measuring hands than celebrating anything, it also makes you think that good stuff could happen.  The high-five with a girl is undoubtedly awkward, but it is always undoubtedly cool.  My dream is to one day give a girl a man high-five, just to see how it would play out, it may destroy the universe.

#1 Childhood
Who the fuck wouldn't want to that shit again?

No comments:

Post a Comment